Hey!, are you aware that the Chevening scholarship for international students in the UK is fully funded and that students from every part of the world can apply for it too? If you have dreams of studying in the UK, then I have great news for you because you can achieve your dreams through the Chevening Scholarship. In this article, I will walk you through the application process and everything you need to know about the Chevening scholarship
The Chevening Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded master’s scholarship for international students. The Chevening Scholarship covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, a round-trip ticket to the UK in economy class, and other scholarships and allowances to meet necessary expenses.
Future leaders and decision-makers from all over the world have a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically through Chevening, as well as to network internationally, experience UK culture, and forge long-lasting positive relationships with the UK. The UK government’s Chevening international awards program aims to foster the development of world leaders. Around 1,500 scholarships will be given out globally.
Chevening basically offers two types of awards, and they are;
- Chevening Scholarships
- Chevening Fellowship
These scholarships are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and affiliated organizations, with beneficiaries being hand-selected by British embassies and high commissioners all around the world.
Chevening Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: Full-time taught Master’s Degree Program in any subject.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program but not more than a one-year postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 1, 2022
Chevening Scholarship Coverage
Chevening Scholarship 2023, provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2023.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
To apply for Chevening Scholarship, kindly follow the following instructions outlined below;
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill out the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by 13 July 2023).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references).
- Passport / ID document.
6. Submit the application.
To learn more about the Chevening Scholarships, kindly visit their official website here. Chevening Scholarship is one of the best fully funded scholarships for international students in the UK, however, if you would like to check out other available options, then you should check out these links below
- Fully Funded Scholarships In UK For International Students
- Fully Funded Scholarships In US For International Students
- Fully Funded Scholarships In Canada For International Students