Table of Contents
Knowing how to view source of a right click disabled page can help you in so many ways. Sometimes, when browsing through any of our favorite web page, we might find something of interest worth downloading or copying.It can be an image or text, and If you are a blogger, you might want to find out the exact keywords which your competitors are ranking for through this process.
There are several ways through which you can view page source of a right click disabled page; and in this tutorial today, i will be showing you how it’s done. Let’s check them out below;
How to View Source Code Of A Right Click Disabled Page
To check the source code of a right click disabled web page, you need to view the actual code itself, and this can be done across all web browsers. Scroll down below to see the keyboard commands which you can use to view page source code of any right click disabled web page.
For Windows PC Users
- Firefox – CTRL + U (Meaning press the CTRL key on your keyboard and hold it down. While holding down the CTRL key, press the “u” key.) Alternatively, you can go to the “Firefox” menu and then click on “Web Developer,” and then “Page Source.”
- Internet Explorer – CTRL + U. Or right click and select “View Source.”
- Chrome – CTRL + U. Or you can click on the weird-looking key with three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner. Then click on “Tools” and select “View Source.”
- Opera – CTRL + U. You can also right click on the webpage and select “View Page Source.”
For Mac Users
- Safari – The keyboard shortcut is Option+Command+U. You also can right click on the webpage and select “Show Page Source.”
- Firefox – You can right click and select “Page Source” or you can navigate to your “Tools” menu, select “Web Developer,” and click on “Page Source.” The keyboard shortcut is Command + U.
- Chrome – Navigate to “View” and then click on “Developer” and then “View Source.” You also can right click and select “View Page Source.” The keyboard shortcut is Option+Command+U.
Alternatively, you can also view the source code of a right click disabled web page by simply adding this “view-source‘ before the websites URL in the address bar as shown in the screenshot below;
Searching For Information From A Webpage Source Code
If you have learnt how to view the source code, then you should also learn how to search for other important information inside it. Normally, you can apply same search method used for usual web browsing to search for stuffs hidden in your source code. Popular commands like CTRL+F will come in handy to help you quickly search through a web page source code for important information, and if you’ve engaged the services of an SEO expert, this method will help you monitor the progress of work done on your website.