For most webmasters , website monetization is one of the very important aspect of owning a website. It helps them earn money through monetizing their site contents. Basically, there are two categories of webmasters , those who start up their websites purely for fun and somewhere along the line they seek for ways to generate income with it or those who are solely profit oriented but looking for more effective ways to increase and generate revenue.
Now, whichever category you belong to, website monetization is a must and as a web master you would be in search of strategies to help you with your website monetization. In this article, we would be looking at some of the very popular elements of website monetization methods and how best to apply the strategies discussed .
Part 1:ELEMENTS OF WEBSITE MONETIZATION
Website monetization provides webmasters with the perfect opportunity of working from home, be their own boss, create their own schedule and have a sustainable flow of income. A website that generates revenue can help them achieve these and many more. The points listed below are the key elements of website monetization;
- Reason For Website Monetization: MONEY is the primary reason for monetizing a website. It’s simple but overlooks the reasons why someone would want this kind of income stream.
- Any Website Can Be Monetized: It’s important to remember that your website isn’t what makes money. The website is a tool to promote your business model. Your business idea is what will attract people and generate revenue for you.
- Website Monetization Without ADS: Yes, this is very possible, but it requires patience and dedication. There will be an even greater focus on creating loyal visitors, as they will become your primary supporters. Some schools of thought even see ads as major drawbacks to a monetization mindset, especially if the focus of the site is blogging.
- Traffic: To make money from your website, you’re going to need traffic. With no visitors to “convert,” your business model, whatever it is, will be stuck in the water. Traffic can be likened to the fuel which drives your website, without traffic, there would be no conversion and without conversion no revenue would be generated
- Website Content: Content is KING. You’ll also need to make sure any content you have on the site is of good value, enough to engage your visitors and make them regular readers. Quality content helps you gain the trust and loyalty of your visitors, if your web contents are of value and engaging there is every possibility of your contents being shared across social media by your visitors, this would provide an added source of web traffic for you.
These elements are the core foundation of a well monetized website, they serve as a yardstick to evaluate how well a website has been monetized.
Part 2:TRAFFIC GENERATION TECHNIQUES
Traffic is the proverbial blood cell of any website and any website devoid of quality traffic has a long way to go. Let’s take a look at some of the “tried-and-tested” methods of traffic generation. They include:
Email Marketing —Email marketing is that aspect of internet marketing, which encompasses online marketing via websites, social media, blogs, etc. It is practically the same as direct mail except that instead of sending mail through the postal service, messages are sent electronically via email
Reaching out to potential visitors directly through email. It isn’t as fashionable as some other methods, but it works. A successful email campaign should be simple, engaging, and include a strong call-to-action.
Social Media Marketing —is a form of internet marketing that involves creating and sharing content on social media networks in order to achieve your marketing and branding goals . By building a following on popular social sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, you create an audience that you can then get to visit your main site. Social media is highly valued because it allows for users to share popular content quickly and these content could easily go viral.
Search Engine Optimization —SEO is a popular web traffic generation technique that focuses on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO combines both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines.
There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
Simply put, SEO isn’t just about building search engine-friendly websites. It’s about making your site better for your visitors too.
There is no single technique which would one guarantee you a steady flow of traffic to your website. The truth of the matter is that you need quality content and possible combining these techniques discussed above to improve your site traffic.
Nothing good comes easy quite alright, but anything worth doing is worth doing well. It might require some trial and error on your part, but with hardwork, determination and persistence, you website reader base would increase. All you need do is discover what works for you and implement it.
Passion remains the motivating factor for creating content that captivates. For without passion, setbacks and disappointment could make you quit. Passion helps you stay focused and committed, it helps you learn and grow with each experience.
Make conscious effort to ensure that your website contents are of very high quality . Ensure that the subject matter is something that will captivate the interest of your visitors . Make sure that visitors can easily digest and share the content, and hold yourself to a regular schedule for releasing it.
Once you’ve succeeded in building a solid foundation, you will need to lead people to it. This entails careful analysis, marketing, and networking.
Word of mouth is also a very useful tool to extend your reach. People visit your website, see the great content, then tell their friends to visit as well. You speed this process along by giving out free content that is easy to share. A newsletter, free e-book, tip-of-the-day, etc.
You might try getting your site mentioned by other sites in your wheelhouse. Do some guest posts. Trade with another site for backlinks. Establish an authority presence on newsgroups and forums related to your expertise so that people will want to check you out.